Re: Tracing levels help.

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 14:56:58 GMT

I see that you posted this in c.d.o.m as well.......

The levels of tracing all depend on the event you are setting. For event 10046, which is SQL tracing and may be what you are asking for, the levels are as follows:

1 = standard SQL tracing. No different than issuing "ALTER SESSION SET SQL_TRACE=TRUE".
4 = standard tracing but will be able to see bind variable values in the trace file.
8 = standard tracing and will also show wait event information 12 = (8+4) = standard tracing showing bind variable values and wait event information.

HTH,
Brian

Tiger Woods wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> What levels of tracing are available to set in the init file?
> Also what level does each one do?
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Clint