Testing remote procedure

From: szalas <gszalach_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 28 Jul 2003 06:56:54 -0700

Hi,

I've been recently testing my PL/SQL application i've noticed one problem.
I have two databases: A and B. I call procedure PA on the database A. This procedure updates some rows and calls remote procedure PB on database B. After doing some DML instructions on the database B procedure PB sleeps for 60 seconds (for testing purpose). During it sleeps I disable network connection on computer B. I thought I'm going to receive some exception in procedure PA that remote database is not accesible. But i don't receive any exception. Procedure PA simply waits for procedure PB to finish its job and it keeps locks. How can I notice that remote host is not accessible and rollback transaction so that users could update table which is modified by procedure PA??
Procedure PA is called from Delphi code and application hangs in the above situation (it is very wrong behaviour).

Thanks for any ideas.

Szalas Received on Mon Jul 28 2003 - 08:56:54 CDT