Re: tracking changes on a table through ODBC application

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 28 Jul 2003 08:00:17 -0500

On 27 Jul 2003, db_guy_2002_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com> wrote in message

>> They do support dirty reads.  You can set that isolation level
>> all you want and you will find that you will not be blocked by
>> a writer of data, just like other databases.
>>

> Thats a pretty wierd interpretation of what a "dirty read"
> is.

What is your definition? My point for the post was to get to the question which you must dodge to stay in this conversation which is, "why you would ever want to "Read uncommitted data", or, to ask it another way, why would you want the isolation level of "read uncommitted" to ever be supported?

Your answer to the question will be, "Because I don't want my reading process to get blocked by some other writing process".

--
Galen Boyer