Re: 'drop tablespace' produces a file/table lock??

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 22:34:04 +1000

"Billy Verreynne" <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> wrote in message news:1a75df45.0307280311.58a6a78f_at_posting.google.com...

> I said that this could point to Oracle only releasing the file handle
> when the client actually terminates (i.e. the session closes on the
> v$session side).

The way it was explained to me was that Oracle did just that (hold the file handle) until 9i, where this "feature" was deprecated...

> Well, you almost had me convinced. :-)

dunno, will have to dig out my C stuff to check. Did this ages ago and found the problem in NT4. Didn't think of checking it again in later versions of Windoze. Maybe it's a dual thing (both Oracle and M$'s problem)?

> PS. Sheez, you almost got as badly trashed as us on Saturday by the
> All Blacks... Are they just that good or are our teams that bad? :-)

I'll be buggered if I know what the heck is happenning with out muchachos.
Going this way they might as well take up knitting, or something less violent...
Mind you, the Blacks are playing very
good!

--
Cheers