Re: RAC with OCFS on normal Red Hat (not AS)

From: Mike Ault <mikerault_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 28 Jul 2003 05:32:21 -0700

Roman.Schicht_at_atosorigin.com (Roman Schicht) wrote in message news:<52d3eb63.0307110627.11c6396_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to install Oracle 9i RAC on 2 normal Red Hat 9 - Nodes
> if i use a firewire-disk (connected with each Node) with ocfs?
>
> I always become the error "invalid device" at ocfstool while trying to
> configure device, port and networkname for the previous formatted
> firewire-disk.
>
> This made me think that it could be necessary to use Red Hat AS to use
> OCFS - is this correct?
>
> I found no information in the internet if AS is needed for OCFS and
> RAC.
>
> KR Roman Schicht

I tried implementing OCFS on 2.4.20-18 and it gave me errors because the RPM package was branded to a specific kernel set (the enterprise level, AS set) supposedly there is a release ther now that can be loaded on the kernel provided on OTN but I haven't tried it. I ended up doing my work on RAW with firewire...but am looking forward to trying out my rig with 10G and OCFS...unfortunately on AS 2.1 (a big step backwards).

Mike Received on Mon Jul 28 2003 - 07:32:21 CDT