Re: Orbitz blames Oracle for site outage

From: Mike Ault <mikerault_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 28 Jul 2003 05:26:39 -0700

"Morfeo Quesoverde" <oratune_at_msn.com> wrote in message news:<3f16c994_at_shknews01>...
> Orbitz
> "Keith" <nospam_at_nospam.com> wrote in message
> Attached is the site message saying it is down due to the Oracle problem
> mentioned in CNet. Anyone have detailed info on this?
>

> I'm wondering WHERE, in this message, it says anything about Oracle being
> the cause of this outage ... I can't see it anywhere.
>

> David Fitzjarrell

The most current data points to NIC problems...probably using BCM5700 drivers...they have a rep for causing hangs in combination with other components on the motherborads...all sorts of posts about it on the DELL site and other locations...but I'll bet we don't see a retraction from Orbitz...

Mike Received on Mon Jul 28 2003 - 07:26:39 CDT