Re: RAC Training

From: Mike Ault <mikerault_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 28 Jul 2003 04:56:31 -0700

pharfromhome_at_hotmail.com (Geomancer) wrote in message news:<cf90fb89.0307141533.4b47a57f_at_posting.google.com>...

> > He presented at North Carolina Oracle Users Group back in March on 9i
> > RAC - http://www.ncoug.com/upcoming_events2.htm
> > Often, presentation and papers are available via Oracle users group
> > sites.
> > This paper may also be available via TUSC's website.
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> It was not at IOUG, but it was a featured presentation at the
> Southeastern Users Group Conference SEOUC, and it was OUTSTANDING. I
> have a lot of respect for Mike Ault's talent, and I have a feeling
> that this book will be exactly what I need. . .
>
> The Oracle9i RAC clusters paper is at: www.tusc.com
>
> The RAC book can be ordered at:
> http://www.dba-oracle.com/bp/bp_book1_rac.htm
>
> They say the book will ship in two weeks!

Well,

Finally the server has let me post...before it was throwing server errors whenever I tried. Thanks to all who have taken up for me. The RAC book was written by Madhu Tumma and Myself, 100%. It should be shipping this week. I am not aware of the errors of which have been spoken of in the A and M book, but would be more than happy to get a listing of them so they can be corrected in the next release. Hopefully there won't be many in the RAC book but there probably will be as it is not possible to test 100% of the items (for example, the errors in the Data Guard material due to bugs not allowing Data Guard usage with RAC) I do my best to ensure all of the code shown will run and works within the environments I have control over, (Linux and Windows2000) if I am lucky enough I can usually also get time on a Sun server during a consulting gig.

Again, as I have said before, I would love to review the books written by the ones willing to cut down others works sight unseen or through general comments such as I know there were at least x errors somewhere in the book...oh, that's right, they haven't written any...

Mike Received on Mon Jul 28 2003 - 06:56:31 CDT