Re: Need SQL Server Temp Table equivalent (challenge!)

From: Kin Ng <kin_ng5_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Jul 2003 00:46:06 -0700

I found that there are a few very opinioned people here.

How do you know it has to be very complicated? The opposite is actually happened. Maintenance is easier than before.

What makes you think this is not scalable? In fact, that's one of our main goals of the design. This design is Global instead of the traditional local system we had.

Actually when you say scalable, what do you really mean? Distributed design? Flexible design? Scale up? Scale out? Why is this not scalable is not clear to me, especially we are talking DB design here.  I have heard many people mentioned Scalability in the wrong context many times.

I have given plenty of examples to try to illustrate my points. The negative comments so far came with NO examples. Just opinions, some are very subjective indeed. Some are even of the immature defensive kind because of this silly pride of thinking he is always right. Being an instructor and have this kind of behavior is even worse.

I would like to describe the detail design here but company policy forbids me doing so. In fact, the 1st example is not a real example but a made up one to avoid exposing the original design.

I have learned something new from this thread and I would response only to meaning discussions. If you can't hold a civilized conversation, please don't participate. I would not response to your last insult so at least you will feel you "won". Received on Mon Jul 28 2003 - 02:46:06 CDT