Re: How does Oracle Fast Refresh on Materizlied View for Joined Tables?

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 17:40:27 -0400

You can do a fast refresh on a complex mview BUT only under very specific circumstances - see the Oracle documentation for all the details. One workaround is to do fast refreshes on individual tables, then do your joins in a view in the destination database. In 9i you can even do a materialized view on the individual mvs in the destination database - see the Oracle docs again.