RedHat 7.3 Oracle 9.2

From: Tom <tomNOSPAM_at_teameazyriders.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 20:50:20 GMT

Hi,

I have the above setup on a poweredge 4600 with 4gig RAM

Can anyone please explain to me the parameters i pass to the kernel to allow the db to start up as at the moment i get oracle not available wne trying to run the scripts created with dbca

The machine has 4 gig or RAM and it will only be running 1 instance. I've looked at the docs but i find them quite confusing.

At the moment i have this in rc.local but i appear to have them wrong

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=2768000000
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=10

set semsys:seminfo_semmni=100
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=260
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=800

set semsys:seminfo_semopm=100
set semsys:seminfo_semvmx=32767

thanks for any assistance

Tom Received on Sun Jul 27 2003 - 15:50:20 CDT