Re: Need SQL Server Temp Table equivalent (challenge!)

From: Kin Ng <kin_ng5_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Jul 2003 18:35:10 -0700

Perhaps I can illustrate this idea with an example.

A typical Product's relation design may include the product master, Brand, Subbrand, Brand Extension etc. What happens if we don't define Brand, Subbrand, Brand Extension etc but instead create a structure such that these kind of relationships can be "soft coded" so to speak.  I have always felt that the relation model tend to represent what is current and lacks the flexibility of self-changing, sort of like the OS's self tuning...That was the idea of our design. Let's face it, the pace of change in the current business world is fast and changing a DB model is slow, relatively speaking. Received on Sat Jul 26 2003 - 20:35:10 CDT