Re: Need SQL Server Temp Table equivalent (challenge!)

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 26 Jul 2003 15:51:31 -0500

On 26 Jul 2003, kin_ng5_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> they changed their requirements a few time since live and our
> system adopted beautifully.

What this says to me is that relationships changed in the business that your database was designed to represent, but, your relational store didn't change its relations.

I'm happy that it is working for you, but, successful a application doesn't mean you are using a relational database properly. You are using a database as a place to store your data, not as a relational representation of your business.

If your database was representing your business relationally, and the business relations changed, then your database would need to be modified to support those changing relations, period. There is no other explanation of how relational databases evolve over time.

--
Galen Boyer