Restoring & recovering in NOARCHIVELOG: Thank you all

From: Carlos <miotromailcarlos_at_netscape.net>
Date: 26 Jul 2003 01:39:02 -0700

miotromailcarlos_at_netscape.net (Carlos) wrote in message news:<1de5ebe7.0307250226.22aa87e7_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi all.
>
> We are working with Oracle 8.1.6 on Win NT in a production environment
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Carlos.

Dear all:
Thank you all for the responsive attitude!! I's been very usefull!! Especially Tanel's experiences: this is just what I was asking about. Now I know It can be done (If I can have online redo log files that are not overwritten for a whole day jobs).

As I said, the cincumstances of the production environment were not in my hands, so the kind of advices like 'You shoud do that, changing to ARCHIVELOG, and bla, bla, bla...' are all welcome, but completely useless (I KNEW that running in ARCHIVELOG is a better way).

I think this is one of the bad habits of the Group: One explains the circumstances and the problem he is facing, and one smart guy answers: 'Do change these circumstances'. Well, this is not always possible, due to many and various reasons that could be so long to explain. (In my case: It is heritage. I've recommended some changes, but... ).

And finally, to Daniel Roy: I've read the manuals (and I don't need the URL's, I DO have the pdf's in the CD). I wouldn't post a question before reading documentation and investigating the options. So don't treat the people here as if they were lazy schoolboys that haven't done their homework.

Thanks again to everybody.

Carlos. Received on Sat Jul 26 2003 - 03:39:02 CDT