Re: problem with listener on oracle 8.1.7

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 10:30:57 +0200

On 26 Jul 2003 00:55:47 -0700, vask001_at_yahoo.com (VasantKumar Naidu) wrote:

>I get the following when I check for the listener status on the server.
>
>Services Summary...
> cbi has 3 service handler(s)
> PLSExtProc has 1 service handler(s)
> cbi has 3 service handler(s)
> cbi has 3 service handler(s)
>The command completed successfully
>
>Why does this happen, sometimes the transaction stop, the query hangs
>but the if I restart the listener everything is fine for the sometime.

I don't see any problem here, and no clues to troubleshoot the problem.
Oracle 8i databases register themselves automatically with the listener. This will result in extra endpoints using the (service_name = ) syntax instead of the (sid_name = ) syntax. If you have multithreaded server configured (another case of self registration) you will see additional endpoint.
So: you don't seem to have a listener problem at all, you don't post any error messages, so your 'problem' can't be adressed at all

What you would need to do is
lsnrctl
set displaymode verbose
services

and post the mts_ parameters from your init.ora so in that case anyone can check the services.

You would also need to come up with something better than 'the transaction stops'

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Jul 26 2003 - 03:30:57 CDT