Re: ld error relinking oracle 7.3.4 on Sun 2.5

From: a <a_at_abc.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 17:33:49 -0700

Billy Verreynne wrote:

> signup1919_at_yahoo.com (S) wrote:
>

>>Getting the following when trying to relink sqlplus, etc:

> <snipped>
>
>>I'm sure has something to do with my environment, but I can't track it
>>down.

> The actual error is clearly explained in the make output. Read it
> again. Carefully. Especially this part:
>
> "ld: elf error: file /usr/oracle/product/7.3.4/sqlplus/lib/afidrv.o:
> unknown type, unable to process using elf(3E) libraries"
>

>>Any suggestions?

> RTFM? Al least man ld.
>
> BTW, there's no need to run Oracle 7 to feed your machochistic
> tendencies. I will gladly beat you senseless with a lead pipe for
> free. Or I can get a fellow Scorched Earth Party supporter in your
> neigborhood to drop by instead?
>
> --
> Billy
> PS. Yes - that implies only idiots still run version 7 and not version
> 8, or prefably version 9. No. Idiots is not too strong a word either.
> And no.. I have not yet had my first cup of coffee either...

I have a Mensa eligible IQ and the business runs on V7.3.4.5; but only because the application is tied to Forms3 to support about two dozen remote sites across a frame relay network.

It actually is a VERY stable database. When I need to make use of newer features I simply call packages which reside in a V9.0.1.4 instance or use the V9.0.1 to make the request from a V9.2.0.3 instance.

Don't laugh too hard. It works.
The business is profitable.
The revenues have grown at a 20+% rate annually for the last 10 years and I'm paid a decent wage.

So who is an idiot? Received on Fri Jul 25 2003 - 19:33:49 CDT