Re: 2 Oracle doubts

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 02:51:37 +0300

> > I think the issue is that scanning the contents of a block is much
cheaper than getting the block (consistent get). Index access produces much less consistent gets than table acess as autotrace showed me (even though automatic segment space management made results a bit obscure)

> > Tanel.
>
> That certainly looks like "scientific proof" to me. Thanks a lot!!!

You're welcome :)

Of course these kinds of PL/SQL loops don't represent real life, maybe the picture is different when using regular apps or bulk collecting for example.

Cheers,
Tanel. Received on Fri Jul 25 2003 - 18:51:37 CDT