Re: 'drop tablespace' produces a file/table lock??

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 01:40:05 +0300

> > Hi!
> >
> > At least using 8.1.7.1 on Solaris 8, Oracle actually closes the file
when
> > taken offline or dropped. You can verify it with "fuser" command for
> > example.
> >
> > Tanel.
>
> "Fuser command"?? Is that the one that short-circuits your server room??
>
> A novel approach to getting the file system to remove files, but I imagine
> it would be quite effective!

Fuser is a quite standard unix command to check which processes have a file open.
Quote from Solaris man page:

NAME
     fuser - identify processes using a file or file structure

SYNOPSIS

     /usr/sbin/fuser [  -
      [ c | f ]  ku  ]  files  [  [  -
      [ c | f ]  ku  ]  files  ]   ...

DESCRIPTION
     fuser displays the process IDs of  the  processes  that  are
     using the files specified as arguments.

Cheers,
Tanel. Received on Fri Jul 25 2003 - 17:40:05 CDT