Re: 2 Oracle doubts

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 22:20:18 +0200

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 20:07:49 GMT, "Maximus" <qweqwe_at_qwqwewq.com> wrote:

>I implement simple key/value lookups via associative arrays, this can be
>implemented using user defined array types for a table column, an object
>attribute, or a user function... quite flexible and very efficient.

So how about 'read consistency'. You are using a database, don't you, not some 3GL crap application, resorting to hacks like described above.
Don't you think your approach is easily made redundant by putting the affected tables in the KEEP buffer pool? Right now, when any of the records changes, how do you re-read the table in your associative array?
O, you don't?

Geez,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Jul 25 2003 - 15:20:18 CDT