Re: 2 Oracle doubts

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 14:24:01 GMT

<soapbox>
Can you do something? Why not create a test case? Create a table. Does the CREATE TABLE statement require a primary key? Can you create a table without a primary key and insert data and retrieve that data? This is a very, very easy question one can simply answer for themselves if they just take a few moments to try it.

By testing these theories out yourself, you start creating the building blocks for more complex test cases. DBAs (and even application developers) have to be able to thoroughly test databases (and applications). How can one build a complex test case if one can't even build a simple test case? The best DBAs (and application developers) all have the ability to generate comprehensive test cases. Questions about the database lead to test cases which lead to answers. These building blocks enhance your knowledge of the Oracle database (or whatever) and add to your abilities.
</soapbox>

Cheers,
Brian

delavega wrote:

> Hi. I´m a MySql programmer, but i need make a application with Oracle
> 8.1 Server. I have 2 doubts (for the moment)
>
> 1- Can i have a Oracle table without primary Key?
> 2- In a sql, the date fields are with quotas ("")? Exists the
> direct comparation between dates (<, >)?
>
> Thanks!

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com

 the three"