Re: 'drop tablespace' produces a file/table lock??

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:09:11 GMT

I know it's not "fixed" in 9i. I recall that not too long ago, I was teaching a Backup & Recovery class using 9i on Windows. We were in SQL*Plus and we had just shutdown the database. While still in SQL*Plus, I tried to delete a database datafile to simulate a harddisk failure. I could not delete the datafile until I exited SQL*Plus. And no database was running....

Cheers,
Brian

Nuno Souto wrote:

> jared_at_hwai.com (Jared) wrote in message news:<480f610.0307241236.341b593a_at_posting.google.com>...
>
> > level (I'm in 8.1.7.4.1 on Win2K) and Windoze wouldn't let me - said
>
> I was told a while ago with 9i this problem
> would have disappeared. Dunno for sure.
>
> Cheers
> Nuno Souto
> wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam