SHUTDOWN PROBLEM WITH 8.1.7.4.2 ON WIN2K

From: fatih <fatih.dokmeci_at_arcelik.com>
Date: 25 Jul 2003 05:42:27 -0700

Hi,
We hHi,
We have serious problems with 8i on Win2000,such that we can not SHUTDOWN ABORT
without reboot the server(SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE is not possible but we want first solve ABORT problem).That 's our production server and not have the chance to reboot so frequently.

Configurations:
Oracle 8.1.7.4.2
Win 2000 SP 3
4 processors
4GB memory.

We use a script for shutdown including these steps :

1. connect svrmgrl as internal
2. shutdown abort
3. startup restrict
4. shutdown immediate

The system hangs on step#2 and the performance on Win2K decreases so that the mouse does not move.To reboot the server from Start Menu takes more than 1 hour.

We have also a TAR from metalink more than 2 months but nothing achieved.

So what can be the reason and the solution? Is there a bug with 8.1.7.4.2 or a configuration problem?Any solution?.

Thanks in advance.

Fatih.ave serious problems with 8i on Win2000,such that we can not SHUTDOWN ABORT
[...]

Fatih. Received on Fri Jul 25 2003 - 07:42:27 CDT