Re: Restoring & recovering in NOARCHIVELOG

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 15:02:32 +0300

Hi!

Actually you can recover your database to point before the failure as long as you have log stream from earliest SCN of recovered files to current point in time. That means, if your online logs are big enough to contain one days data, you can recover from last days backup. I've done it myself once (actually helped a friend to do so).

Tanel.