partition tables with remote ctas dblink

From: Maria <evoradba_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: 24 Jul 2003 17:05:44 -0700

Hi all

Recently we introduce partition tables to the database, sometimes I use a remote CTAS between 2 servers to copy data. When I do a remote ctas with DBLINK, it does copy the partition tables as well, but they are invalid, it does not copy the 2 partitions only table. But if I do a local CTAS on the same server bw the schemas there is no problem. Does anyone know why does the remove CTAS is not copying the partition tables... Is there a bug? This is oracle version 8.1.7.4.0 on solaris 8. I have searched on metalink and I can't find anything on it
Thank You
Maria Received on Thu Jul 24 2003 - 19:05:44 CDT