Re: Who needs the quota to extend a table, user or schema ower?

From: Quarkman <quarkman_at_myrealbox.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:50:24 +1000

On 24 Jul 2003 16:36:37 -0700, Dave Metcalfe <dave_metcalfe_at_ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Can anyone help with a question please ...
>
> When a user is accessing an application and adding data, eventualy the
> table or tables will need to have additional extents allocated.
>
> My question is, who requires the quota within the applicable
> tablespace to extend the table? Is it the user who makes the data
> entry forcing the table to extend, the schema owner who owns the table
> requiring the extent, or is it some other system related user?
>
> Cheers,
> Dave Metcalfe

When a table extends, it uses up the quota of the user who created the table, not that of the person doing the inserts.

(One reason I don't like using quotas: the user who actually gets the error message whilst doing some DML is an innocent third party!)

~QM Received on Thu Jul 24 2003 - 18:50:24 CDT