Re: How to Create RBS Tablespace as system tablespace ?

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:18:02 GMT

I'm not quite sure I understand your question.....

The RBS tablespace and the SYSTEM tablespace are two different animals, holding two different types of segments (not counting the system rollback segment in SYSTEM).

Do you mean that you want to know how to create the RBS tablespace as a locally managed tablespace? If so, then create it as follows:

CREATE TABLESPACE rbs DATAFILE

   '/somedir/rbs01.dbf' SIZE xxxM
   EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL UNIFORM SIZE yyK;

Then create your rollback segments in that tablespace.

It's a real good idea to upgrade to 9i and use the new UNDO tablespace instead of the RBS tablespace.

HTH,
Brian

Pancaldi Massimiliano wrote:

> See the object of the newsletter!!!!