Re: Does Oracle Intelligent Agent 9.2.0.1.0 takes up a lot of memory?

From: Steve Howard <stephen.howard_at_us.pwcglobal.com>
Date: 23 Jul 2003 13:49:55 -0700

jeffyee_at_hotmail.com (Jeffrey Yee) wrote in message news:<ec4cec95.0307230107.8000277_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Oracle9i 9.0.1.4 server with Oracle Intelligent 9.2.0.1.0
> on hp-ux b.11.11. The OEM Console and the OMS is on 9.2.0.1.0, running
> on Windows 2000 Server. After running Oracle Intelligent for a few
> days, it seems that it consume quite a lot of memory. I do a top
> command, and I get the following:
>
> CPU TTY PID USERNAME PRI NI SIZE RES STATE TIME %WCPU
> %CPU COMMAND
> 0 ? 2055 oracle 152 20 1771M 16916K run 4:00 0.27
> 0.27 dbsnmp
>
> I tried to get more information on the SIZE and the RES columns from
> the man page, but it's not very informative. The man page provide the
> following information:
>
> SIZE - Total virtual size of the process in kilobytes. This includes
> virtual sizes of text, data, stack, mmap regions, shared memory
> regions and IO mapped regions. This may also include virtual memory
> regions shared with other processes.
>
> RES - Resident size of the process in kilobytes. It includes the sizes
> of all private regions in the process. The resident size information
> is, at best, an approximate value.
>
> Does this mean Oracle Intelligent Agent is consuming a huge chunk of
> memory (SIZE = 1771M)?
>
> Please advice. Thank you.
>
> Best Regards,
> Jeffrey Yee

We never did get any 9.x IA on to work on HP for the same reasons you are seeing. We logged a TAR with Oracle Support who acknowledged it as a bug, especially with you version IIRC.

We finally gave up, as every fix seemed to not fix the problem.

Rgerads,

Steve Received on Wed Jul 23 2003 - 15:49:55 CDT