Re: oracle developer 6i print white page

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:03:57 GMT

Hi Simongrass, thanks for writing this:
> Reports print blank pages in random way (Report 6 V 6.0.5.35.0)
>
> System Configuration:
> O.S: W2k;
> Developer 6.i with installed patch13
>
> Problem:
> From a form we call the reports using the command "Run_Product".
> The reports are sent on an network printer HP Laserjet 8000
> (destype='PRINTER').
> In random way for all type of reports we have a blank pages printed.
>
> We found that this is a known issues but we didn't find any solution.
> Also the workrounds below we found, don't resolve the problem.
> 1. Set the printer as Default printer
> 2. Pass to report all possible parameter ( ORIENTATION = PORTRAIT)
>
> At the moment the only way we have to printt the report is to run the
> report in "Preview" and then to print the report.
>
> Any hints is welcome.
> Regards
> Simon

The following is a wild guess, not and educated guess, so forgive me if I'm way off track. As always, YMMV.

Sometimes the margins on a printer are set wrong ... well, not wrong exactly, but such that the printed output is slightly too large ... causing a blank page to print. I used to see this occasionally in Word Perfect (when it didn't accurately compute the leading above a heading).

In your printer setup, increase the size of the top/bottom margins slightly, then try to print. If that fixes the problem, I don't know how to tell Reports to calculate linesize correctly.

--
[:%s/Karsten Farrell/Oracle DBA/g]