Substr and remove characters from field

From: jakemoore <member34054_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:24:58 +0000

What I would like to be able to do is have a unc path with file name like: c:\test\hello\people\file.tif and have a substr command in Oracle remove everything but the filename minus extension. This would have to be able to adapt for different paths and file names.

I have a list of a few hundred file paths in an oracle table I would like to perform this on.

thanks