Re: DB Create Script

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_no.spam.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:37:35 GMT

Michael Rothwell wrote:
> Any suggestions on a tool to use to create a "database creation script"?
> I need to take the database on a dev box and create the scripts to run
> on production boxes to re-create the db there. This will include
> tablespaces, tables, indexes, constraints, stored procs/functions,
> etc... I can gen these all by hand, but if there is a tool that will do
> it, that would be nice.
>
> Michael

For cloning a database I usually:

Use backup controlfile to trace, edit it so its a create database script, create the db, then import.

Restore a cold backup to the clone machine, use aforementioned controlfile script to change anything if needed, re create the controlfile.

For creating a database in general I'll sometimes use DBCA and save to batch files, then edit as needed.

HTH Received on Wed Jul 23 2003 - 13:37:35 CDT