Re: Upgrade to big SUN box or RAC for data warehouse?

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:03:16 +0300

Hi!

If you want to get your load dimes down with RAC you have to separate the loading processes the way that they aren't doing write activity to same datablocks. In DW environment, it shouldn't be hard, because usually the fact tables are only inserted anyway and you can have own set of intermediate processing tables for each node.

But if you got 8 RAC nodes, each having it's own gigabit connection to NAS box, the NAS box might remain bottleneck. You just have to find out what is it's capacity.

Tanel.