Re: How many records in a table can run good ?

From: SouthVN <nphuongtt_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Jul 2003 22:29:38 -0700

danielroy10junk_at_hotmail.com (Daniel Roy) wrote in message news:<3722db.0307220713.6f0eeaac_at_posting.google.com>...
> If I had a table with 70 million records, I certainly wouldn't want to
> be on Windows! Oracle can contain billions of records no problem, but
> can Windows? For the table to "run good", think of partitioning it,
> and creating useful indices for when you'll want to retrieve data from
> it. You can read the Oracle docs at tahiti.oracle.com (you'll need to
> register, but it's free). You'll find tons of tricks there.
>
> Daniel

Hi All !
Thanks for Your answers !

Hi Daniel !

in site tahiti.oracle.com, I had not seen my docs i need, Would you please show me clearly. Thanks very much.

Now, my hardware is weak, less, so i had asked that problem. With table have 70 milions rows, if the customer access, they loss several minutes. So it too long...

So I think I will use method fragment in distributed database, I'll separate that table to some table...just I want to know how that ? and in every small table Does have many rows ?

Thanks in advance,

South Received on Wed Jul 23 2003 - 00:29:38 CDT