Re: Viewing an Index

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:43:51 +0200

On 22 Jul 2003 10:30:34 -0700, purplebelt_at_earthlink.net wrote:

>Can any describe how to view an index. Something like a 'select * from
>index name' would be good. The database is 8.04 Any method would help.
>Thanks

If you want the *contents* of your index, you would need to dump database blocks.
If you want to see the *definition* of an index, refer to user_indexes and user_ind_columns.

8.0.4 has been desupported ages ago, for being extreemly buggy. Get out the dark asap or forget about your resume.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Jul 22 2003 - 12:43:51 CDT