Re: 9.2.0.1.0 sys login question

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 20:33:06 +0300

Hi!

Oracle checks that you are in "dba" group and lets you in. When you installed the software, you were asked for the sysdba and sysoper group name and when executables were linked, this information was stored in the executable.

Try to log on under another local user who doesn't have "dba" group (or whatever group name you specified during install).

In Windows you have to be a member of ORA_DBA or ORA_<sid>_DBA group to get same kind of behaviour.

Tanel.