Using Alter session enable parallel dml within a stored procedure

From: Erica <elanghi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Jul 2003 08:52:17 -0700

I am building a stored procedure in which I want to use a parallel query.

Usually in a sql script I use the command "alter session enable parallel dml".
Is this allowed in pl/sql as well?
Browsing the documentation I found a reference to the DBMS_SESSION package, provided by Oracle in order to access some of the functionalities of the ALTER SESSION command, within a stored procedure.
Unfortunately I haven't found a function which provides the "enable parallel dml" behaviour.

Is there any alternative?

Thanks

Erica Received on Tue Jul 22 2003 - 10:52:17 CDT