Re: How many records in a table can run good ?

From: Daniel Roy <danielroy10junk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 Jul 2003 08:13:04 -0700

If I had a table with 70 million records, I certainly wouldn't want to be on Windows! Oracle can contain billions of records no problem, but can Windows? For the table to "run good", think of partitioning it, and creating useful indices for when you'll want to retrieve data from it. You can read the Oracle docs at tahiti.oracle.com (you'll need to register, but it's free). You'll find tons of tricks there.

Daniel