Re: Domain catastrophe?

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:10:57 GMT

I've had this same problem before. It had to do with the STANDARD package becoming INVALID, thus screwing up all other packages that depend on it, and there are a lot. One can run CATALOG.SQL to fix the problem. Or, there is a script called
$ORACLE_HOME\rdbms\admin\standard.sql that you can run. CATALOG.SQL just runs this script and many others, of course.

HTH,
Brian

Norman Dunbar wrote:

> Morning,
>
> >> i have sum(bytes) for SYSTEM tablespace is 20MB and max(bytes) is the
> >> same.
>
> Sounds to me like your SYSTEM tablespace if full up then.
>
> Have you got any users other than SYS using SYSTEM as their default or
> temporary tablespace ?
> If so, best get them out of there and get their objects out of SYSTEM.
>
> select username, default_tablespace, temporary_tablespace
> from dba_tablespaces;
>
> will tell you who is using what - needs to be run from SYSTEM user
> though.
>
> If you have nobody using SYSTEM then you'll need to add a datafile to
> the tablespace or extend the existinig datafile.
>
> alter tablespace system add datafile 'blah/blah/blah.dbf' size ????;
>
> or
>
> alter database datafile 'whatever_it_ois_called' resize ?????;
>
> again, run this as system user.
>
> Cheers,
> Norm.

> Norman Dunbar