Re: Migrate 200 Million of rows

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:09:06 +0300

Hi!

> Strategy B)
>
> 1) create table
>
> 2) create index and make it unusable (I have to check if this is
> possible in v8.0.5)
>
> 2) Insert into /*+ APPEND */ select * from
>
> 3) rebuild the index, constraints etc
>
> Could you please help me in the best strategy to perform this task?
>
> Do you have any more suggestions

Why do you want to create index before you load data? Just create it after you have loaded data.
You can go several ways, either CTAS first, then alter table add column. Or create table with additional columns, then use insert /*+ APPEND */ into table (col1, col2, colx) select col1, col2, colx from table_at_dblink.

And create indexes w. nologging (and possibly parallel) afterwards.

Tanel. Received on Tue Jul 22 2003 - 07:09:06 CDT