Why 'Failed to archive' & 'Failed to archive TEST' appear in the alert log file?

From: Jeffrey Yee <jeffyee_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Jul 2003 23:38:22 -0700

Hi,

I'm running Oracle9i 9.0.1.4 on hp-ux b11.11. I recently change the online redo log size from 10M to 200M, because of checkpoint not complete message in the alert log file. Now, I'm puzzle with another message from the same alert log file. I get 'Failed to archive' or 'Failed to archive TEST' message. But when I check on my archive location & v$log view (archived=yes for all, except the status=current logfile), all my online redo logs has been archived. I even have 10G available on my archive log mount point. And the 'TEST' is worrying me, because I have no idea what it means. Is there a way to get documentation on the messages that appear on the alert log file?

A cut-out of my alert log file:

Sat Jul 19 13:58:56 2003
ARC0: Completed archiving log 4 thread 1 sequence 5681 Failed to archive
ORA-00053 Max number of enqueues exceeded Failed to archive
Failed to archive
Mon Jul 21 13:43:42 2003
Thread 1 advanced to log sequence 5683
  Current log# 1 seq# 5683 mem# 0: /ovo_data/oradata/redo01.log ...
Mon Jul 21 22:21:10 2003
ARC0: Completed archiving log 1 thread 1 sequence 5683 Failed to archive TEST
Failed to archive TEST

Please advice. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Jeffrey Yee Received on Tue Jul 22 2003 - 01:38:22 CDT