Re: Need help understanding a performance problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 06:05:14 +0200

On 21 Jul 2003 19:54:41 -0700, coldrainandsnow_at_lycos.com (Jitendra Patel) wrote:

>> IOW, in all seriousness, what's the problem with the increase in
>> db_block_buffers?
>

>Nothing, really. More RAM, faster execution speed.
>
>Sybrand is offended by popular Neimiec and Burleson, and took oath to
>always disagree with them, no matter how ignorant it makes him look.
>
>Sybrand, set your db_cache_size down to 100k and watch the fun,
>foollish man.

By flaming me in this fashion and agreeing with the Niemic and Burleson approach it has become quite clear, YOU are the foolish man Mr. Patel. Where did you learn Oracle? From those phone scripts of Larry, which instruct you never to admit a bug in the software? You clearly don't know what you are talking about: You promote tuning by fighting symptoms, instead of applyhing a cure. You have also clearly demonstrated now that Indian Oracle 'experts' indeed are arrogant idiots, just like yourself.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Jul 21 2003 - 23:05:14 CDT