Domain catastrophe?

From: amani <amanclark_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 21 Jul 2003 04:13:16 -0700

hello,

I'm currently having problems trying to decide whether i have forced a database into meltdown or there is merely a startling coincidence. I wouldn't describe myself as knowledgable in the ways of oracle as i'm more a server monkey to be honest.

I installed a Database on a Windows 2000 Active Directory server and gave it the a .world domain. Despite the fact i now suspect it should have been then domain of the server. The next day, one of "my" Oracle 8.0i databases bites the dust with connection problems, something about package Standard (I've tried catproc.sql, it's still down) and i can't tnsping the instance although it's definately running. This database is running on a NT server.

There are still five other databases ranging from 7.3.3 to 8.1.7 running fine in the .world domain. Can anyone tell me from this outline of the events if it was in fact me or a strange twist of fate, i don't believe in cooincidence.

Also i'm about to cut the domain names of the server and client to see if that will work. Might this have further implications? (It's all backed up)

F.Y.I I've had six databases dumped on me with a few days oracle training and i'm struggling as my company refuses to buy an outright oracle support contract. Are there any support groups people know of that i could join to talk things over?

I feel better already actually. Cheers for any RE:'s. Received on Mon Jul 21 2003 - 06:13:16 CDT