Re: Oracle 9i Internet: Unable to run pre-configured database

From: Ted Knijff <knijff_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:46:26 GMT

Uninstal Oracle.
Start Regedit. Click on HKEY-CURRENT-USER. Search for Oracle e.g. HKEY-CURRENT-USER -> SOFTWARE -> ORACLE ... Delete the entire Oracle key entry.
Do the same for HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE etc.
* You can leave the entries in CLASSES * * Do not delete the ODBC entries you may find with Oracle * Delete the Software directories Oracle9i Installer created. Reinstall.

HTH Ted

On 21 Jul 2003 01:27:36 -0700, tahirway_at_hotmail.com (Muhammad Tahir) wrote:

>Hi,
> After second installation of my Oracle 9i Internet Database for MS
>Windows 98 (Personal Edition) i am unable to run the pre-configured
>databases which are by default included in the Oracle databases. In my
>first installation, i sucessfully run these databases. I unistalled it
>several times but it won't start the database which comes in oracle by
>default. Only the default database of "dual" runs. Also after
>removing every oracle file from my system it keeps on remebering
>GLOBAL Database Name and SID of my previous database installations.
>Any idea ?
>
>Thanks

knijff_at_bigfoot.com Received on Mon Jul 21 2003 - 03:46:26 CDT