Re: fully qualified hostname required...

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 20 Jul 2003 22:19:33 -0700

"ME" <MEME_at_ME.COM> wrote

> I am having a problem in the installation process - "Installation has
> detected that a fully qualified hostname has not been specified for this
> host..."
> I understand that I have to put something in the hosts file.
> I am not sure exactly what

Fully qualified hostname = hostname dot domainname e.g. meme <--- hostname

     me.com <--- domainname
     meme.me.com  <--- fully qualified hostname

To configure:
- configure host's domain name in the IP stack (usually the same   place as where you specify the hostname) - add ip address + hostname + fully qualified hostname into the   local hosts file, e.g.
  165.148.53.109 meme meme.me.com

--
Billy