Re: ORACLE RAC CRASHES ORBITZ

From: Tom Longfellow <tlongfellow_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 19:18:41 -0500

GOD!! sometimes I just HATE the internet. It is too easy to be misinterpreted. My suggestions were tongue in cheek. I TOTALLY get marketing. I was just commenting on how marketing departments can embarrass their companies.

I get the marketing. Read my entire post

> And next, of course, you will have them run to the marketing
> department at P&G and have them pull the advertising about Whiter
> Whites and Brighter Brights. And those Crest advertisements about
> their toothpaste ... positively disgusting. Why my teeth are yellow
> and I've been brushing with their product for years.

and when Crest starts making claims that you will have 'unbreakable' teeth, they will have crossed the same over-hype barrier that Oracle did. Unbreakable is, in my opinion, Unbelievable and not even within the realms of possibility

> Which part of "marketing" don't you get.
>
> Nothing is unbreakable. One moron can break anything.

MY POINT EXACTLY - read the post - "What humans can build, humans can break."

> "Unbreakable" is marketing talk for "really really robust." Anyone
> with only enough mental horsepower to believe what comes out of
> marketing departments doesn't have the mental capacity needed to
> install the product.

AGAIN, MY POINT EXACTLY: "The only thing less intelligent than that marketing campaign is the person who falls for it. "

And speaking of intelligence, continuing this discussion is a waste of time for both of us. I should not even have replied to this one, but I was replying before I remembered that internet newsgroups are terrible places for differences of opinion. That misinterpretation thing again. Received on Sun Jul 20 2003 - 19:18:41 CDT