Re: fully qualified hostname required...

From: kn <keldn_at_kill.spam>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 11:27:31 +0200

"ME" <MEME_at_ME.COM> wrote in message
> Hi All
> I am trying to install Oracle application server 9
> I am having a problem in the installation process - "Installation has
> detected that a fully qualified hostname has not been specified for this
> host..."
> I understand that I have to put something in the hosts file.
> I am not sure exactly what
> I am running everything on a single windows machine (trying on xp and
2000),
> not connected to any network....
>
> Please help
> Guy

was discussed in this ng about a month ago ! anyway

This is what I did on my home win2000 pc:

right click on my computer --> properties --> network identification --> properties
(my computer name is 'filbert') --> more

type in whatever in primary DNS suffix of this computer (I have 'suf' here).

now you go to your hosts file and enter

127.0.0.1 filbert.suf
that is: replace 'filbert' with your computer name and replace 'suf' with whatever you entered in primary DNS suffix of this computer.

can't remember if restart is needed, but do that anyway and start the installation.

worked for me.

good luck ! Received on Sun Jul 20 2003 - 04:27:31 CDT