Re: ORACLE RAC CRASHES ORBITZ

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 15:06:35 -0700

Tom Longfellow wrote:

> > http://www.computerworld.com/databasetopics/data/software/story/0,10801
> > ,83186,00.html
> >
> Someone at Oracle needs to run to the marketing department and have them
> pull all of their 'Unbreakable' advertising.<snipped>

And next, of course, you will have them run to the marketing department at P&G and have them pull the advertising about Whiter Whites and Brighter Brights. And those Crest advertisements about their toothpaste ... positively disgusting. Why my teeth are yellow and I've been brushing with their product for years.

Which part of "marketing" don't you get.

Nothing is unbreakable. One moron can break anything.

"Unbreakable" is marketing talk for "really really robust." Anyone with only enough mental horsepower to believe what comes out of marketing departments doesn't have the mental capacity needed to install the product.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu