Re: What is Oracle10G?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:17:45 -0700

Noons wrote:

> "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Thank you for sparing us the 'G' spot jokes. They too will come. Probably
> written by someone at
> > Redwood Shores.
>
> Narh. They are full on now everywhere.
> This whole thing is a sad joke...
>
> --
> Cheers
> Nuno Souto
> wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam

Actually it isn't. I invited a rep from Sun Microsystems as the guest speaker at the Washington Software Alliance Database SIG meeting a few months back. Sun, HP, and IBM are working full-tilt to enable grid computing between their servers. Oracle and DB2 are running as fast as they can to be there with them because if they don't the licensing of their software, the capabilities of the hardware and operating system, etc. will be out of synch. And lets not forget that Microsoft is still trying to figure out how to spell 64bit so it leaves them in the dust. Important stuff for marketing weasels. And, quite likely, important stuff for us too.

I am working with 10i(G) and liking it. Which is about all the NDA will allow me to say.

It is going to be a fun ride for those who buy a ticket. Townsend and his crew are likely going to have a lot of fun soon. We will too.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu