Re: Number of the week TO_CHAR(DATE,'YYYY/WW')

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 10:11:21 +0200

Yves LUDWIG <yve_at_free.fr> schreef in berichtnieuws 3f18e072$0$8080$626a54ce_at_news.free.fr...
| I'm not satified with the week number provided by Oracle.
| The documentation indicates that the TO_CHAR function with the WW
parameter
| it returns the number of weeks since the 1st day of the week.
| In Microso*t, it is possible to parameter the week (the week starts on
| monday, on sunday, the 1st week starts with at least 3 days...)
|
| Is is possible to parameter Oracle to provide a relevant week number ?

WW gives the week number as (from the doc): Week of year (1-53) where week 1 starts on the first day of the year and continues to the seventh day of the year.

IW gives the week number as (from the doc, just half a page above WW): Week of year (1-52 or 1-53) based on the ISO standard.

Does IW gives the weeknumber you are looking for? Received on Sat Jul 19 2003 - 03:11:21 CDT