Re: Real reason for Oracle/Orbitz problem?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:04:14 +1000

"Quarkman" <quarkman_at_myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:oprsi3huxcr9lm4d_at_haydn...

> Not really. Use the web update to find out what updates you need.
>
> Then click the link 'Personalise Windows Update'.
>
> Then click to put a link to 'Windows Update Catalog' on that page.
>
> Click that, and you'll be able to download the updates as disk files, for
> installation onto as many PCs as you need.

Not exactly as simple as that, as I'm sure you are aware. There are quite a few additional steps required before you can save the things as update files.

> The functionality's been there since day 1.
>
> Sometimes, it's not the tool that's at fault, but the way they're used.

How much do you want to bet the vast majority of home users doesn't even know what we're talking about, let alone understand why downloads of update files would be more efficient?

If the default was "download-file-install-locally", you can bet that's what they would do.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto