Re: More allegations that RAC maybe involved in the Orbitz outage

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 18 Jul 2003 11:20:56 -0700

Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net> wrote in message news:<3F174B7C.CD6AB868_at_telusplanet.net>...
> Keith wrote:
>
> > Just being informative .. Dont kill the messenger.
>
> Why not? It may not be thanksgiving yet, but it's never to early to
> shoot turkeys.

LOL! I liked this message:

...'She was also unaware of how exactly RAC had been pinpointed as the source of the problem, rather than other technology in use at Orbitz, such as Sun Microsystems Inc. hardware or Veritas Software Corp. software. "I can't answer that," she said. "When our guys tell me that it's a database issue, I trust them to know what they're talking about. They're pretty smart guys."'

And then later:

'It was also likely an untypical day for Orbitz's brand-new chief technology officer. Orbitz on Monday announced that the company had appointed Christopher Hjelm to that position.'

On TV mysteries, these would be clues to a darker reality... but in the real world, just blame the previous administration. I bet there wasn't anything wrong with RAC at all, but they needed to blame something and run around and "fix" things.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Funny how things can run fine for years and then just blow up.