Re: ORACLE RAC CRASHES ORBITZ

From: koert54 <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:57:15 GMT

I don't want to go in detail but - on one site we could not get RAC to run stable
on wintel (ibm) hardware. Both IBM & Oracle did great efforts but after a year we had
to conclude that the architecture was not stable. We moved to Oracle failsave ...
We've tested RAC (9.0.1.4 to 9.2.0.3) also on demo machines from HP & Compaq with both scsi
and fiber storage on windows2000 platform and again .. we found them quite unstable (instance crashes
about every 3 to 4 days). I can only conclude that the wintel platform is to avoid for RAC.
The only stable RAC setup I've seen is on tru64 - you just have to love tru64's clustered filesystem.
It'll take a long time before I regain confidence in a RAC setup...